Re: Mozilla Mail Fixed - sort of

Tim Wood wrote:
Hi,
I posted a message about the problems I was having sending mail from an new account associated with the SMTP server. I could not send from that account.

I decided to delve into the ~/.mozilla  directory, what a mess!

My previous ISP, iiNet, had seperate settings for POP and SMTP, which I had mixed up. Eventually, despite the fact that they were working, I changed them to their correct settings. This seems to have left me with accounts for both POP settings, but only one showing. There were 2 "Local Folders", plus multiple copies of all the standard folders. I archived the entire ~/.mozilla directory.

I though purging mozilla-mailnews/unstable would fix it, but it didn't. I then removed all the directories and recreated 2 new accounts for the 2 ISPs, I'll keep my email address with the old one, but set them up with the SMTP of my new ISP.

If anyone can suggest a means by which I might extract the various emails from the archived directories, there must be about 6 inbox, I'd be very grateful.

I think you can just rename them to inbox1 inbox2 etc, then copy them
into the directory of the inbox that currently shows in mozilla. Restart
mozilla, and you should see them. You can drag and drop messages between
them. You can also append all these inboxes together with a text editor
and it should work ok.