Re: ide-scsi and initrd

On 22 Nov 2002, Shyamal Prasad wrote:

>     "David" == David P James <David> writes:
>
>     David> problems. Despite having "hdb=ide-scsi" in my grub config
>     David> file ide-cd is still getting loaded first. So I have to
>     David> manually run 'rmmod ide-scsi' and then 'insmod ide-scsi',
>     David> which for some reason actually works. Just plain silly.
>
> What kernel are you running? I presume you are not running a IDE boot
> device, so perhaps you want to tell ide-cd to ignore hdd instead?

I'm running 2.4.18-686-smp from woody.  My boot device is /dev/sda1, the
two cd-rom devices are /dev/hdb and /dev/hdc.  I don't remember why one is
master and one slave, but it doesn't matter as there are no other ide
devices.

> I'm curious why my set up works (no SCSI devices, lots of IDE of which
> only one requires SCSI emulation).

I have almost the dual of that.  I have several SCSI devices and only two
IDE devices of which both require ide-scsi.  I've got it working now, see
my other post today.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking