debian-user-digest Digest				Volume 2002 : Issue 592

Today's Topics:
  power down and power off also?        [ Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escorts ]
  Re: power down and power off also?    [ Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@at ]
  Re: Questions about mirror'ing a web  [ sean finney <seanius@seanius.net> ]
  Re: power down and power off also?    [ Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escorts ]
  Re: Questions about mirror'ing a web  [ Alvin Oga <aoga@Maggie.Linux-Consul ]
  Re: power down and power off also?    [ Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> ]

Subject:
power down and power off also?
From:
Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:18:54 +0530
To:
Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

hello all!

i have a dual boot system. it is a compaq machine.

when i select shutdown in windows, the power indicator also goes off.
when i do similarly in linux, it shuts down everything, finally says
Power Down and stays there.

is there a way in which i can make linux work in a similar way? meaning,
i select halt and just have to switch off the main switch?

Re: power down and power off also?
i have a dual boot system. it is a compaq machine.

when i select shutdown in windows, the power indicator also goes off.
when i do similarly in linux, it shuts down everything, finally says
Power Down and stays there.

is there a way in which i can make linux work in a similar way? meaning,
i select halt and just have to switch off the main switch?

enable power management in your kernel.

Re: Questions about mirror'ing a website