Re: mail reader for news and mail

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:06:16AM -0800, Debian User wrote:
> > Any suggestions for client that reads mail *and* news?
>
> Not one that does well at both.  There's pine, but it doesn't filter
> well, or thread at all, and it's nonfree.

FWIW, Pine 4.5 (just released) does thread, in fact, and I think the
filters are better, too. It's still not DSFG-free, of course. But if
having the same interface for both matters (and with threading, they can
both be handled in similar ways), it might be the way to go for the OP.

I use pine for mail (as you can see from the headers), but I haven't
given up my Mac newsreader. Not yet, anyway; I'm playing around with
slrn some...

- Aaron

--
Aaron Hall           :      Give me the beat, boys, and free my soul.
ahall@vitaphone.net  :      I wanna get lost in your rock and roll

There used to be more text here, but now ther