Re: Determining what packages are installed

"Joe Riel" <joer@k-online.com> writes:
> How do I determine what packages are installed?
> Or determine whether a particular package is installed?
> I can use deselect to check a particular package,
> but there probably is a better way.

Please don't start a new thread by replying to an existing message. In
most mail readers there is a capability called threading that puts
mail in a tree with the original question at the highest level and all
replies beneath it. If you "reply" to such a message and simply change
the "Subject" your message will still be placed within the thread of
the original message.

This is bad for a couple of reasons, 1, people trying to follow the
original thread will become annoyed that your polluting it with a
totally new subject and, 2, if people are reading mail in a threaded
mail reader and they're not interested in the topic of the message
that you replied to they'll likely never see your message, even if
they actually might be interested in the new "Subject" you started. So
it's bad for the readers and bad for the writers to the list.

Thanks,
Gary