Re: VT82C686B Sound Problem

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:48:58 -0500, Robert James Kaes wrote:

> Has anyone either got these drivers to work with Debian using a 2.4.19
> kernel, or is there another driver I should be using to activate the
> onboard sound system.

I'm using the same mobo/sound setup.  I'm using 2.4.18 kernel with ALSA.
I'm able to both play back and record just fine, but there's some
wonkiness that I have to run the gnome mixer applet after each reboot to
turn the soundcard back on.  I think that the ALSA package is secretly
shutting things off for shutdown and then never restores them to
previous values on the reboot.  This is something I've been meaning to
look into, but I'm not bothered with it right now.

HTH

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington            http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli