VT82C686B Sound Problem

Hi,
I have a MSI KT7 Pro2-A motherboard with a vt82c686b chipset.  It has an
onboard sound card.  I've been trying to get the sound to work, but
without any success.  I'm running a 2.4.19-386 kernel on a "testing"
distro.  I tried the vt82cxxx_audio.o driver without any luck, so I
decided to download the drivers from VIA Technologies at:

	http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=128

I downloaded the 68audio_Linux_package1.16.zip file and tried to follow
the instructions.  However, they do not have any information for Debian
(although, there is information for SuSE, Redhat, etc.)

Has anyone either got these drivers to work with Debian using a 2.4.19
kernel, or is there another driver I should be using to activate the
onboard sound system.

Any information you can provide would be appreciated.
	-- Robert

    Robert James Kaes    ---  Flarenet Inc.  ---    (519) 426-3782
		       http://www.flarenet.com/
      * Putting the Service Back in Internet Service Provider *