Re: Reposting Re: pppconfig?

infotechsys wrote:
If people don't have a solution for this would
anyone know what document I could read?

infotechsys wrote:

Hi,
I recently installed woody from cds that I bought.
I ran pppconfig to get my dial-up connection establish.
The problem I'm having is how i initiate the connection.
If I start the connection by issuing the command "pon"
and then start my browser followed by trying to connect
to google nothing happens. If I start by browser and then
go to google it works.The other problem I'm having is
that my connection keeps dropping. So every time I
go to a different web site my modem dials up again.
Is there anyway I can solve these problems?
wayne

I don't know if you have already tried this, but look in the 'peripherals' section at http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/. The step-by-step instructions are pretty detailed.

I use ppp with no problems. You can invoke 'pon' before or after your browser is running. Perhaps its an ISP or hardware problem. Can you test your modem on another system?

hth

Chris.
--
:  ___   Chris Lale   <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk>                  :