Reposting Re: pppconfig?

If people don't have a solution for this would
anyone know what document I could read?

infotechsys wrote:

Hi,
I recently installed woody from cds that I bought.
I ran pppconfig to get my dial-up connection establish.
The problem I'm having is how i initiate the connection.
If I start the connection by issuing the command "pon"
and then start my browser followed by trying to connect
to google nothing happens. If I start by browser and then
go to google it works.The other problem I'm having is
that my connection keeps dropping. So every time I
go to a different web site my modem dials up again.
Is there anyway I can solve these problems?
wayne