Re: sound with SiS 7012 and alsa

Klaus Imgrund <claus.imgrund@terra.com.br> wrote:

You need the trident driver for oss sound.Don't know about alsa - tried
once and it looked like it would take more than 5 minutes to set up.

I might have to go the OSS route. I've been wrestling with alsa for most of the evening. It's trying to create a link to /proc/asound/dev, but /proc/asound doesn't seem to exist, which probably means the sound driver isn't starting properly, but I've no idea why.

I'm going to give alsa-users a go and see if they can help with the problem. If that doesn't work, I'll consider plonking down the money for OSS.

thanks,
Jeff