Re: Books on Debian

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 09:06:09AM -0900, Andy wrote:
> > New to debian, more of freebsd and other OS users (except MS, although
> > not by choice at work), anyways, any good reading on using debian that
> > anybody could recommend...
>
> I am just finishing up Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed.
>
> Great book.  I highly recommend it.  $7 used off Amazon.
> Worth every single penny.

Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed... Now here's a great book. Altough it's
based on slink (don't look there if you want to configure Xfree 4.2), it
has the fundaments. If you want to learn dpkg, apt-get, understand the
boot process, or even some basic linux commands, this is it.

Regards,

P.S. Yes, I have one right next to my bed :)