Questions before installing w2k or XP Dual-Boot

I'm planing on installing Windows 2k Pro or XP, on a 15gb HD.

But I want to know the proper way to do this before I try it, as I can't
really afford to reformat and start over with my entire system.

Currently I have the following setup.
Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda3 reiserfs     24G  1.5G   22G   7% /
proc          proc       0     0     0   -  /proc
devpts      devpts       0     0     0   -  /dev/pts
/dev/hda1     ext3    7.6M  4.8M  2.5M  67% /boot
/dev/hda5 reiserfs     49G   15G   34G  31% /home
/dev/hda6 reiserfs    2.4G   33M  2.3G   2% /tmp
/dev/hdb1 reiserfs     15G   33M   15G   1% /data
usbdevfs  usbdevfs       0     0     0   -  /proc/bus/usb

/dev/hdb1 will be what I'm going to install Windows 2k Pro or XP on.

What I need to know is, when I install Windows 2k Pro or XP, what will I
need to do to ensure that my Linux is still bootable.

Is there something I need to do PRIOR to installing windows?
Only reason I am installing windows is that there are some programs that
I just can't get running on linux (games mostly, my stress relief), but
also this is a learning experience for me.

I'm in no rush to install windows. If I could play all my games I like
on Linux, I'd never go back to windows.

Thanks in advance,
--
Michelle Alexia "Jade" Storm
Dragon Impersonating a Human and failing.