Re: mutt mucks up 'Subject'

-- Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com> wrote
(on Thursday, 21 November 2002, 07:27 PM +0530):
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:21:59PM +0000, Glyn Kennington wrote:
> > Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> > > when to field is too large, mutt mucks up a lot of things on my computer
> > > at least.
> > >
> > > not all too addresses are shown in header. some flow into the message
> > > body. so does some other information like subject, etc.
> >
> > Can you show us a screenshot?  (Not necessarily an actual image screenshot,
> > just copy-and-paste the text in the terminal so you can send it in an
> > email.)
> >
> all right. i have appended the message. any solutions?
>
> --
> thanx for help
>
> sandip p deshmukh
> ------***--------

> From: "Someone"
> To: some list here. usually three/ four screen lines!
>
> the balance list comes here!!
> Cc: deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com, etc.
> Subject: this is part of message and does not show up in message
> header!!
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:07:08 +0000
> actual message starts here

I'm assuming this is when you're viewing messages, right? If so, there's
a bar at the bottom of the screen, and the subject shows in there. If
you want to see full headers, press 'h' while viewing the message and
you'll get an unwieldy list of them all.

There is an option for the muttrc that allows you to specify which
headers are filtered out in the short list -- not sure what it is, but
if you do a 'man muttrc' and search for 'header', you'll find it sooner
or later.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net