Re: pcmcia network on boot

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 07:40:37PM -0600, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
>     "Alexey" == Alexey Chetroi <debian@twilight.telco.md> writes:
>
>     Alexey> I've just installed woody on my travelmate 512T
>     Alexey> laptop. Everything works fine even pcmcia (expected
>     Alexey> trouble with it) but I have a minor issue when the system
>     Alexey> boots up.  I've added to /etc/network/interfaces
>
>     Alexey> auto eth0
>     Alexey> iface eth0 inet dhcp.
>
> Take out the auto line!
>
>     Alexey> The interface get configured if I unplug/plug card, but
>     Alexey> not on the system boot.

  Thank you, that did the trick. Last lines in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts
mention that it can use /etc/network/interfaces, but I didn't know that
eth0 shouldn't be configured automatically. Solution proposed by previuos
poster work also, but I like more this solution. Thank you all!

--

  Best regards,
  Alexey Chetroi

---
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse.   (c) Murphy's law