Re: non-us.debian.org caught fire

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 12:59, christophe barbe wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 04:39:39PM +0100, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> >
> > On Wednesday 20 November 2002 15:26, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > Yes.  Caught fire.
> >
> > OK, now we need a conspiration theory. I say it was either the BSA or
> > some music or movie publisher/producer.
>
> Ok for the conspiration theory but we need a good enemy. We (debian)
> are not for copyright violation (to said the least) so BSA and media
> companies are bad candidates. The latter could eventually be candidate
> because of its Digital Right Misappropriation (sorry management) that
> doesn't fit with the Free Software. No really the best candidate is
> Microsoft.

Well, since apparently the university is/was a *big* KaZaA node,
the BSA or music industry might actually have hired a firebug to
"send a message".  Zapping a debian node is just lagniappe for MSFT.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "they love our milk and honey, but preach about another    |
|  way of living"                                            |
|    Merle Haggard, "The Fighting Side Of Me"                |