Re: Drawing graphs for use in Latex

11/20/02 9:00:37 AM, Mark Copper <m.copper@wayne.edu> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Jens Kubieziel wrote:
>> I'm looking for a tool where I can draw mathematical graphs like
>> y=3x^4+5x^3+9x^2+2 and save them so that I can use it in Latex. Which
>> packæges provide those functionality?

You can use metapost (with the graph macro package).
The learning curve is a bit steep, and it can
be frustrating, at times, to debug; however, it provides excellent
control of the appearance of the graph and labeling (fonts will
match the text, you can use all the typesetting of TeX inside it).
I've been using it for all my technical graphing.

Joe Riel