Re: I cannot mount the woody installation cd-r

syyuen@macau.ctm.net wrote:
I am using debian 2.2, I try to reinstall and upgrade to woody, so I download all the iso image files and burn to cd-r. When I insert the disk1 into my cd-rom drive and reboot the Linux box, it cannot boot. Then I mount the cd-rom from console, I get the following error: hdc: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy } hdc: ATAPI reset complete hdc: tray open end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc), sector 64 isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=16:00, iso_blknum=16, block=32 mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc, or too many mounted file systems If I insert any other cd-r othen than the woody installation cd-r, I can mount successful. I have download the iso image files from 4 different site, I have check the md5sum every time, I have try to use different speed to burn, I have try to use different cd-r burner program to burn the cd-r, I have try to use different type of cd-r to burn, but I still get the same error message. I don't know why, can you help me? P.S.: I have burn the RedHat and Debian iso image before, and successful install, so I know how to burn. And I can access and read all the cd-r in my windows system. thanks,
syyuen

I have seen this when using the cdrom automounter in KDE. Most of the time it was due to a bad setting in the cdrom "properties" box...i.e. /dev/cdrom was linked to /dev/hdc instead of /dev/scd0, or it was pointing towards a mount point that didn't exist. This is very specific for how you have your system setup, and I doubt if this is the problem in your case since you can read other CDs in that CDR.

It might be something wrong with your burning procedure. The following quote is from the eroaster FAQ in their docs:

Burning CDs:

Q: When burning multisession CDs, I always get the following error message when mounting the CD:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom1, or too many mounted file systems

A: Every session has to be fixated (please check "fixate CD when done" when writing the session)

FYI,
-Don Spoon-