Re: manual for vim

* Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com> [2002-11-19 17:17:14 +0530]:
> i have recently shifted to vim and will like to have with me some good
> manual of vim with me. preferably single file, text format (like mutt
> manual). something that is exhaustive. so that i can look it up before i
> post a query on mailing list.

Others have mentioned Vim's excellent online help system. This should be
your first line of defense if you need assistance.

Your second option, if you don't find what you are looking for above, should
be the Usenet newsgroup comp.editors. There are many resident Vim
afficionados who post regularly to that group. Use a good search interface
like Google Groups, and you will find answers to 99% of your questions.

Good luck.

thomas

--
N. Thomas