Re: Ripping a DVD to Divx on linux

Din Tuck wrote:
hello

I was wondering how I could go about ripping a DVD to a Divx file under linux. I only found a few guides on google, and was hoping that one of you debian users might share some info on how to do this.
I am sorry if this sounds bad, or evil or something.  But I will not have access to a windows machine for quite sometime, and I would prefer doing it on my native linux.

Thank you for any help/advice you may offer.

Din Tuck

add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main
deb-src http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main

and then install 'video-dvdrip', it looks like what you what, though I haven't used it...