Re: Cannot access box after hdparm experimenting

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:14:53 +0200, Ulla Russell wrote:

<snip>

>When I reboot now the booting progresses better but then stops
>with the message:
>
>   "kernel panic: No init found. try passsing init= option to kernel"
>
>I rebooted and tried typing the following at the lilo prompt:
>
>   "linux init=/bin/bash"

This may be an opportunity for me to exhibit my ignorance.  If you have
the kernel 2.4.x, pre-compiled .deb, you may need to add the line
		initrd=/initrd.img
to your /etc/lilo.conf file in the image=/vmlinuz paragraph.  Of course,
make sure that you use the proper path for your initrd.img file.

This does not begin to exhaust my vast inventory of things unknown.  See
sig
--
gt       kk5st@sbcglobal.net
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---