Re: XF86 UK Keyboard setup

Martin@murphy.debian.org wrote:
> How do I change the keyboard setup in the XF86 Config file?
>
> Im using Woody...  Is there a configuration program that can do it for me or
> will I have to do it manually?

If you're after a UK keyboard, as your subject suggests, then try this in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc102"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "gb"
EndSection

Most of that is probably there already, but you'll definitely need that last
Option line, with the "gb" entry.

xkbsel-aw provides a GUI for working out which layout you're after.

Glyn

--
And the face on every coin engraved
The anarchists are all enslaved