Re: Looking for a backup to CD-R(W) program

* Jan Ulrich Hasecke (janulrich.hasecke@t-online.de) wrote:
> Chris Lale <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Joe Nahmias wrote:
> >> 	I am looking for recommendations for software to backup my
> >> debian (sarge) machine to my cd burner.
> >
> > You might like to consider 'partimage'.
>
> I tried to use mondo, but it does not work on my testing machine.
>
> Does anybody sucessfully uses mondo on debian?

It works fine on mine, but I have a mix of stable, testing (mostly),
and unstable (because I run OpenOffice and KDE 3).  I also have a
larger / partition than is usually recommended, since mondo likes to
build its archives there.

I have not had to restore (yet), so it remains not fully testeo.

Cheers

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.