Re: Looking for a good LDAP book

Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@matchmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for a good book for someone new to LDAP with a unix/open
> source perspective.  Also, if it covers some proprietary products as
> well that isn't a problem.
>
> Can anyone make a suggestion?

   I read most of:

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1578700701/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/002-7184386-1355201?v=glance&s=books>
Understanding and Deploying Ldap Directory Services (MacMillan Network Architecture and Development Series),
1-57870-070-1

at Safari.com and, all and all, it explained LDAP pretty well although
I do not recall too many examples and I believe that hands-on
experience helps understand things better than only reading about it.
But before I read it I pretty much did not even know the point of LDAP
and after reading most of it I knew what it was and what it is good
for.

   However, the only LDAP servers I recall being mentioned in it were
Netscape's and possibly (probably; its been a while), the UM LDAP
server that (to the best of my understanding) went on to become
OpenLDAP.

   There is another book, however, that I would like to read as well,

<http://www.src.nu/scripts/src/uds/uds.pl>
Understanding Directory Services, 0-7357-0910-6

Elizabeth