Re: alsa: no device

Am Don, 2002-11-14 um 07.12 schrieb Jack O'Quin:
> Thaden,

[alsaplayer]
> > snd_pcm_open: No such file or directory (default)
> > /usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/libalsa.so failed to load
> > I could not find a suitable output module on your system. Make sure
> > they're in "usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/".
> > failed to load output add-on. exitting...
>
> I saw something similar recently on the alsa-user mailing list.  I
> think this is an incompatibility between alsaplayer 0.99.59-5 and the
> current version of ALSA (0.9).  It doesn't work on my system either.
>
> The work-around is to run alsaplayer in OSS mode like this:
>
>    alsaplayer -o oss

that doesn't work either. and amixer, for example, gives an error
message "Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory"
so i think, that som major problems with alsa are resolved, but there
still remains (at least one) principal problem.

> Can you actually produce sound?

yes, oss (-emulation) works just fine. esd, xmms, all run

> This will check that the native ALSA interfaces work:
>
>    aplay /usr/share/sounds/card_shuffle.wav    # (or any other sound file)

no, it gives "aplay: main:447: audio open error: No such file or
directory"

still somewhat helpless,

thaden.