Re: pam_ldap Invalid credentials

Don Hayward said:
> I'm trying to set up ldap for my authentication db.
> I get this in auth.log:
>
> Nov 14 10:12:13 ciscoii sshd[5766]: pam_ldap: error trying to bind
> (Invalid credentials)
>
> I have admin credentials in /etc/ldap/ldap.conf.  These credentials work
> for Net::LDAP perl methods.  Where can I supply the credentials so that
> lib_pam can find and use them?  Or, if I've misunderstood
> completely, what should I do next?

what are you trying to do? If your LDAP server requires you to
authenticate for certain operations for pam_ldap, I would
first try putting the info in /etc/pam_ldap.conf:

binddn (your DN to bind as)
bindpw (your password)

usually though, pam_ldap will just use the credentials supplied
to it, perhaps whatever software your using is not aware of
/etc/ldap/ldap.conf so it doesn't use it.(I've never used it
myself).

nate