Standard vs NONUS CD???

HI,

I'm a little confused about the difference between the normal binary-1 CD
and the
binary-1_NONUS cd. The Debian CD faq states that

"The non-US software cannot be legally stored on servers that are located in
the USA - formerly, the reason for this used to be that it contained strong
cryptographic code, today it is that the programs use algorithms covered by
US patents."

It then goes on to say "Everyone should fetch the non-US variant for private
use; the "non-non-US" variant is useful only for US-based mirrors and
vendors."

Aren't these two statements contradictory?  What if I'm setting up a system
at work, Should I use the normal binary or the NONUS version? If someone
could clear up my
confusion I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
Bruce