Re: compatibility in debian

Hi,

you can use openoffice.org as office suite (yes, you can read your
msword documents). There are also some applications for graphics (e.g.
gimp). Check it here:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/graphics/

Regarding the games, I know there is linux version for Unreal
tournament...

If you are thinking about switching to debian-gnu linux,then you should
change a basic windows-conception: using linux/gnu gives you the power
to choose. Therefore, you have a set of alternatives for every task you
want to accomplish with your system. It is also convenient if you start
to forget windows applications you cannot (so far) find in linux
(iexplorer, outlook express, msword, etc.).

Welcome to the non-propietary software.

you can also check http://www.debian.org

have fun