Re: Apache (PHP not working)

>>> Michelle Storm writes:

> You have chosen to download a file of type: application/x-httpd/php from
> http://dragon.ursine.dyndns.org/

> What should Mozilla do with this file?

> **I also try: http://localhost/ with the same result**

This happened to me too.

The problem started following the security upgrade to apache around
November 4th (to version 1.3.26-0woody3). An apache/php4 setup that
was working fine up until the upgrade started to spit out the php
source with the mime type described above instead of processing the
php and producing html.

 * Tried: the original config files; config files as re-written by the
   upgrade; plus numerous minor variations.
 * tried re-building php4 from the source package.

The server-info page showed the php4 module had loaded OK.

Eventually I re-read the security announcement and decided to
downgrade back to 1.3.26-0woody1. At which point my php scripts
started working again.

I've not seen any bug reports about it for either apache or php4; I
was waiting until I could repeat the experiment before filing one
myself.

Also, note that you should re-start your browser (or at least clear
the cache) each time you re-start apache.

--

  Gilbert Laycock                 email:          gtl1@mcs.le.ac.uk
  Maths and Computer Science,     http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/~glaycock