RE: Need help ?

After dealing with new users over the years, you learn real fast to pick out what people are actually asking, sure, if you read it and take it for what it is, and not what the user actually meant, you are correct.

Take a minute and ask yourself "would this user possibly have a use for a control.tar.gz and data.tar.gz file?"  Your answer should be no.  It should be clear by the question that the user has no idea what the heck to do with a .deb file.

Now if he asked "How can I access the contents of of .deb file" then yes, they may or may not what to access the actual .tar.gz files.

Vince Hillier
vdh@plutonium.homeunix.com
http://plutonium.homeunix.com