From: Joyce, Matthew [mailto:MJoyce@ccia.org.au]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 3:55 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Unsuscribe

> On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 06:57:52 +0100, Oliver Fuchs <oliverfuchs1@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Rob Weir wrote:
> >
> >> It certainly is annoying, but I'd bet that most
> >> are just random acts of mistyping rather than concerted
> conspiracies
> >> of stupidity.
> >
> >I think it is an international conspiracy of stupidy that tries to
> >destroy us ... maybe they are even sent from an alien planet?
> >
> >Oliver
>
> No, that's something else. That's due to human nature,
> causing the collective intelligence of any group of people to
> be inversely proportional to the number of people in the
> group. For example, all the individual soldiers in the First
> World War knew that it was utterly stupid to charge machine
> gun nests across half a mile of swamp, but the Army as a
> whole didn't understand this.
>
> "Unsuscribe" messages sent to the wrong address are merely
> from some of Elizabeth Dexia's many children. (The original
> "From" line is suspect too...)
>
> Pigeon
>

> --

Surely the real question should why are they leaving.
People trying to leave this list should be interviewed first.

There should be a weekly stats, x joined, y left, z tried to leave.

Or perhaps there should be a strict one in/one out policy.
Certainly, casual leaving should be discouraged.  It just not right.