Error while installing apache

Ok, I honestly have no clue what I'm doing. BUT I ran into the following errors while
trying to install apache and (additional parts to appache).

This is what I ran into.

/usr/bin/savelog: line 145: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
/usr/bin/savelog: line 145: `   l) COMPRESS="" ;;'
couldn't rotate /etc/apache/httpd.conf at /usr/sbin/apacheconfig line 833, <STDIN> line 1.
dpkg: error processing libapache-mod-auth-curdir (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2

/usr/bin/savelog: line 149: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
/usr/bin/savelog: line 149: `   h) usage; exit 0 ;;'
couldn't rotate /etc/apache/httpd.conf at /usr/sbin/apacheconfig line 833, <STDIN> line 1.
dpkg: error processing libapache-mod-auth-pgsql (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2

All I did to fix it, was add a: ";;" to the end of the line PRIOR to the error.

Is this a bug that someone needs to know about to correct it? or is it just something
goofy that happened to mine?

IT seems to work for me now. But as I said.. I'm clueless about how this works. I just looked
how the rest were and made it similar. Hope I didn't do something bad.

--
Michelle Alexia "Jade" Storm
Dragon Impersonating a Human and failing.