unstabe to testing [was: Re: woody to testing]

On a related note so I'm stealing the thread.

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:10:17 -0500
David Z Maze <dmaze@debian.org> wrote:

> > 3. Can I go back to woody after moving to testing?
>
> Not easily.  Package downgrades aren't well supported.  A couple of
> people have tried to go back with varying degrees of success; search
> the debian-user archives for their stories.

Is it possible to slowly revert to testing from unstable by just
changing the sources.list and essentially having no upgraded packages
found until they have propagated down the tree?

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html

gvl2 (Gerald)
AirBall the Rolling Basket Case (1969 Standard Beetle)
LifeSaver (1974 Bay Window Bus)
http://www.phorce1.com