Re: natsemi driver with 2.2.20 vs 2.4.18 kernel?

Am 12.11.2002 um 11:03 schrieb Everett Anderson:

> They seem about the same [see below], except the 2.4.18 seems to show
> it hasn't gone through DHCP yet.  Also, the 2.2.20 ifconfig shows a
> tap0 device (?).

tap0 is not important here.

> ...but the eth0 devices seem to both correspond to
> the same hardware.  Does this give you any further ideas?

You note the difference? eth0 has no IP address assigned
yet with 2.4. The question is: Where do you get your IP address
from? DHCP? Will

   /etc/init.d/networking restart

print any useful messages?

> Is it possible I could have left out some DHCP support in my
> kernel?  Is there a way to force DHCP negotiation?

DHCP support in the kernel is not important here. People
usually use it to mount a root filesystem via network, etc.

In your case, dhcpclient will probably the work.

Rgds,
Dennis

--
Dennis Stosberg