Re: Squid, Apache and Apple Browsers

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 12:20:46PM -0600, Mailing List wrote:
> > I've had this type of problem with IE 5 on the Mac, even without using
> > Squid. If I tried to view some pages with dynamic content it would give
> > its cached version no matter what, until I cleared the disk cache and
> > restarted IE. I didn't have the problem with Netscape or iCab, though.
>
> Which version of IE on the Mac and which OS on the Mac. The new OS X and IE
> have issues with the preferences not staying. Which will cause this issue.
> Under OS 9 it seems to be okay. I think it is related to Entourage from M$

I was using IE 5.0 or 5.1 on Mac OS 9. I just figured that IE on Mac was
almost as buggy as IE on Windows and ditched it. I've actually seen
similar problems with some releases of IE on Windows while working on a
web application project, but we just told those people to turn off
caching.

--
Michael Heironimus