Re: repost - printing - help please

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 01:28, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> > try to print something?
> > echo "test" | lpr
>
> does nothing!

Ummm...  Should Work (TM).

> > failing that did you configure magicfilter? or your printcap file?  I
> > used /sbin/magicfilterconfig and my printer worked like magic(oh no a
> > pun!!!).
>
> sure did that. my /etc/printcap file now looks okay.
If your printcap is setup correctly, I dont know.  Are you sure you
moved the new one into place?  Your using the right port? /dev/lp0 (if
on the parralel port).  Have the correct kernel modules loaded?  Is it
using the proper driver?  Im reading from the driver description that it
is like a winmodem in the fact that it is a proprietary protocol.  But
linuxprinting.org says it works perfectly.  Im not sure.  Im reading
some stuff there.  Checkout:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=pnm2ppa
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pnm2ppa/
Other than that, its past my  bed time and I have class too early
tomarrow morning.  If you cant get it with this stuff send me a private
email tomarrow and we will see what we can do.

-Scott Henson