RE: obtaining debian woody latest

I want to download the latest woody [no pun intended], I dont have a cd burner, but I have the bandwidth, could someone tell me about net based install or floppy based, the online installation manual points to one place and the uk ftp site is another and I dont understand. HELP!

Regards, Dean.

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:14:26 -0500 Levi Waldron <levi.waldron@utoronto.ca> wrote:
--- Begin Message ---
On November 11, 2002 11:44 am, james leclair wrote:
> Hello, could someone please give detailed info on obtaining the latest
> stable version of woody. Instructions on where to go(FTP preferably)and
> what exactly to do would be greatly appreciated:).
> Thanks,
> James

Your best options, as I see them:

1) Use jigdo to locate sites, download, and create images.  Debian mirrors
don't contain pre-made images because Debian is so huge, but jigdo takes care
of this for you and is ported to several OS's.
http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

2) Buy the CDs at a very low cost, if you don't have a fast internet
connection or don't want the trouble of downloading
http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

3) download a minimimal installation image then install the rest package by
package:
http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

You will see more options at http://www.debian.org/CD

Debian offers some excellent documentation to help you get started.  The faq
at http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/ and the installation guide at
http://www.debian.org are invaluable.

And don't be afraid to ask questions on this list.

Enjoy!

--
-Levi