Re: broadcom lan

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 19:18:04 +1000, mdevin wrote:
> I have a ASUS A7V8X mother-board with a built in lan which I think is a
> Broadcom 4401 10/100.
>
> I have searched high and low for any mention anywhere of anyone using
> this with linux and can't find anything.
>
> Can someone tell me what kernel module will work with this Broadcomm 4401?
>
> Note that I am talking about the 10/100 version for this mobo not the
> gigabit one.

OK, now I am replying to myself.

I have found a driver for the card called Broadcom 4400 in the 2.5.47
kernel.  Now that I can get the b44.c and b44.h files, is it possible to
place these in the right place in my 2.4 kernel source tree so that they
will compile?

Can I compile the module separately and try plugging it into my already
compiled kernel?  How do you compile a module separately?

Cheers.
Mark.