DCOP problems... Kicker won't start at kdelaunch

Hi,
I'm just returning (home) to Debian after a fieldtrip with Gentoo... I heard it should've been highly optimized, but what good is that when it crashes all the time?! :)

Sadly something is broken on my system... I kind of noticed late last night that the GUI (in opera) started to act funny, ie buttons were not depressed when clicked etc. I thought it might be some kind of memleakage that would go away upon reboot... This morning when booting into KDE as usual I get the desktop, but Kicker nor Kmail won't start.

I am at loss here. I've logged on as root which works fine. Does anyone have info on where to start debugging? Doing a 'dmesg' gives me (only!) lots of

"mtrr: no MTRR for f6ff5000,1000 found
mtrr: no MTRR for f6ff6000,1000 found"

I'm running testing (sarge?) with kernel 2.5.44 to start with. I really don't know what is relevant in this case so please ask for it as needed.

poed@xXx:~$ kicker
kicker: crashHandler called
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
poed@xXx:~$ ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!

Thanks in advance!

Pontus