Re: Linux installs but does not "see" NIC

John Foster wrote:

I have been unable to connect to
any Debian sites to finish the installation. I "think" its a dns issue
but I am not sure. BTW: I use a static IP address not a DHCP server and
I connect via my own IP service provider via DSL to the net. The network
was finally configured using eth1 NOT eth0 as I have always done in the
past. Any ideas for my next step in resloving this (parden the pun)?

Can you ping anything outside your LAN by name? By number? Do you even have a local LAN (okay, so that's redundant wording . . . )? If so, can you ping local devices (another PC, printer, etc)?

What's the output of "ifconfig"?

What's your /etc/resolv.conf look like?

Kent