Re: ASUS P4B533 Motherboard

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 09:54:58AM +1100, Graham Williams wrote:
> Received Sun 10 Nov 2002 10:53am +1100 from Graham Williams:
> > Received Sun 10 Nov 2002  8:08am +1100 from Bill Moseley:

> > > ... Is there a specific MB model number you have?  e.g. something
> > > that specifies what (lan, video, audio) is included?
> >
> > I'll check on Monday - without the NIC I can't connect to it at
> > present.
>
> Unfortunately lspci comes up with everything unknown! No help
> there. I guess the motherboard is too new (it's a P4B533-VM (and
> that's essentially all I know).
>
> Regards,
> Graham

You can look up the specs here:

http://usa.asus.com/mb/socket478/p4b533-vm/specification.htm

The onboard LAN is an Intel 82562ET PHY, I don't know which module
you need for that.

The video is the i845G integrated chipset.

The audio is a Realtek ALC650 6-channel codec

Also, if you have added a second controller that is recognized
before the onboard controller, you may need to change the order
in the BIOS.  I have a Tyan board that allows the booting order
to be mnodified and recognizes removable media (i.e. floppy)
CD-ROM, SCSI, on-board master and slave devices, as well as
PXE and any detected PCI controller.  If you can change the
boot order it may be set to boot from a detected controller
before the on-board controller.

Hope this helps.

Kourosh