Re: mouse with wheel wrong

Jesus Rios wrote:

Hi !!! First sorry with my English. I am a new user linux.

I have a problem with my mouse. It is a ngslurbe with wheel. But the wheel does not goes. Another thing: when i am as root, the mouse select a menu just put it on ( without clik on). But when I am as user, the mouse need to click for select or expand the menu.

Can anybody help me???
I send you the XF86Config-4 file in order to help you with it.

thank you.

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
	Option		"Protocol"		"PS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"true"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

If you have gpm running ("ps ax | grep [g]pm" reports something like
  186 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/psaux -t imps2 -r 35 -Rraw
then yes you are), change your "Options 'Device'" lines to be "/dev/gpmdata", and make sure your "/etc/gpm.conf" has "repeat_type=raw".

Explanation:
gpm is the "text-mode" console mouse driver and often conflicts with the X mouse driver. By configuring gpm to repeat the data without modification (raw) and telling X to get the mouse data from the gpm repeater (gpmdata), the two mouse drivers can play nice with each other.

To fix the wheel, you'll probably need to set the "Protocol" to "ImPS/2".

Kent