Re: UNIX shells - Bourne and C

Bob,

After doing some research, I found out that ash is a clone of a bourne shell from BSD. I was using this last night and I really couldn't find anything that differs from the real shell. Now, what can I do about the C shell and the Korn shell? Are those also not free? I'm doing a lot of shell scripting and people are saying that C wasn't designed for it. I'm sure they are right because I'm reading about it and it says that bourne shell scripts are the best since they run faster than C. In reality, I problably would use Perl to do everything but right now, the focus is on learning each individual shell to see how and why they differ.

bp