Re: [Semi-OT] IMAP clients for other OS Plus my broken SID Apache

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:46:12 +1100
"Rob Weir" <rweir@softhome.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:07:19AM -0600, Gerald Livingston wrote:
> > I need to know if there are any decent, free, IMAP clients out there
> > for Windows. I'm currently using Outlook Express <yuck> and
> > tunneling my
>
> Mozilla, maybe?  It is a pig though, so if you're strapped for RAM you
> might need to look elsewhere.

I just beat woody into submission on my laptop and loaded
Sylpheed-claws. Need to get some cleaner fonts though -- yuck!

> > I was running Squirrelmail on the home system but since I run SID
> > and a recent upgrade seems to have broken Apache for me (it just
> > never starts -- no errors in ANY of the logs -- '/etc/init.d/apache
> > start' -- and the process never appears) I can't use it right now.
>
> It's probably the buggy bash release.  Upgrade to the latest version
> in unstable (2.05b-, IIRC) and you should have apache back.

I normally just wait a week or two and then do a dist-upgrade when
something breaks. I only freak out if net connectivity b reaks
completely. Otherwise I figure outways around the problem (like this).

Thanks,