Re: WordPerfect 8.0 or WordPerfect Office 2000

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 at 1:04am, Haralambos Geortgilakis wrote:

:anyone hereabouts have joy getting either or both of these old beasts of
:verbal burden up & running on Debian 3.0?

I have both running on a Woody box, but without some clue as to what your
problems might be, I can't help much, except to say that WP 2000 requires
at least one legacy library (libc5 + xlib6, if the hints I'm
getting from Google are to be trusted) which are available in the stable
distribution to accommodate legacy applications which need them.  I don't
recall any difficulties with installation of WP8.

I have found WP8, which is a native UNIX application, to be far more
reliable than WP 2000, which relies on Corel's version of WINE.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*