Re: UNIX shells - Bourne and C

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 06:19:53PM -0500, Bruce Park wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Just wanted to know, does debian linux include the Bourne and C shell? In
> redhat, they are a symbolic link to bash and tcsh respectively.

Bash is the de-facto standard shell on Linux, and it's designed to be
Bourne-compatible.  There's also ash, a port of the NetBSD Bourne-shell.
I think zsh also intends to be Bourne-compatible.

On the csh side, you have tcsh as well as (as far as I can tell) the
original csh.

As always, apt-cache search is your friend.

-rob