Re: I CANT SEND MAIL TO A DEBIEN LIST

High,

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Jesus Rios wrote:

> First, sorry with my English. I am spanish. I have a problem with the
> spanish'list..
> I cant sen it mail. Mails are returned winth a error message . The question
> is that the others mails of the list( others user'mails)  arrives me with no
> problem.
>
> Can anybody help me??????
>
> I send you the message returned.
>
> Thank you anyway.
<snip>
 Your problem lies here:
<debian-user-spanish@list.debian.org>
    (reason: 550 Host unknown)

550 5.1.2 <debian-user-spanish@list.debian.org>... Host unknown (Name
server: list.debian.org: host not found)
        ^^^^

as the reply message says, list.debian.org cannot be resolved. This is
correct, since the list server is listS.debian.org (you did it correctly
sending to this list ;-)).

Sometimes (or should I say 'often'?) mail reply messages gives valuable
information. But I agree, they are hard to read.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98