Re: Looking to switch to debian...

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 10:59:02PM -0600, ZephyrQ wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 19:26, nate wrote:
> > debian does not have a slick install. It is very easy to install
> > and configure provided your using supported hardware(this is the
> > single biggest obstacle to debian I believe is the supported
> > hardware). You will have to get your hands dirty while you learn
> > about debian. It takes time. I still learn things now and then about
> > it and I've been using it for more then 4 years.
>
> 	Big question here--NVidia drivers.  Does Debian handle them well?

Install the nvidia-kernel-src and nvidia-glx-src packages and read their
documentation.  Build kernel-src before glx-src, install the resulting
debs, and yahoo, 3D accelerated X on NVidia hardware. :-)

Edward Guldemond

GPG Key: 0x4E505B0F
Key fingerprint:  4CAC 6740 C1CD 3CE4 6CA0
                  34E9 B3B7 18EC 4E50 5B0F