Re: Fik question about Debian source packages

This one time, at band camp, Pigeon said:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 02:39:17 +0000, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:08:49AM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> >> Compiled v4.2 of X today.
> >
> >I'm wondering why you don't just use the Debian source package ...

<snip long dependancy nightmare and some useability issues WRT web site>

What do you mean by "apt is not set up"?  I think if you can set up apt,
the rest of these problems will go away.  Do you mean that you don't
have good entries in your sources.list, or are you getting some errors?
IF we can work through this, then it will be much easier to just install
the precompiled binaries than trying to deal with the dependency
nightmare of compiling everything from source.

And yes, I agree, the icons are not very console browser friendly, but
then, I hardly ever look there - I use apt-cache search instead.
--
Stephen Gran                  |What we cannot speak about we must pass over in
steve@lobefin.net             |silence.