(OT) Signify question

Hello all,

Sorry to be so off-topic, but I'm sure many of you use signify, and I'm
having a little trouble getting it to do exactly what I want.

I have it mostly working the way I want (as you can see by the .sig
below), but it's not yet maintenance free.  The right column is
fortune -s | fold -sw 48, but fold doesn't always deal with line breaks
as expected, and leaves indented lines at longer than specified, so I
have to manually correct the right margin.  Any one have any special
magic for this?  I know I'm being lazy in asking, and could probably
work out a perl incantation to deal with this eventually, but I didn't
want to spend that much time fooling around with my signature (it's
already used up more time than I had expected <g>)

Sorry again for wasting space,
|Stephen Gran                  |Common sense is the collection of prejudices  |
|steve@lobefin.net             |acquired by age eighteen.                     |
|http://www.lobefin.net/~steve |		-- Albert Einstein            |