Re: funky network slowdown

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 09:45:36AM -0500, N. Thomas wrote:
> Okay, so I was getting some funky speeds between the Debian and RedHat
> boxes, so I tested it. I took a large file transfered it between the
> different machines. Here is the result:
>
>     Debian   <-> RedHat  = 200Kbs ???
>     Debian   <-> Windows = 200Kbs ???
>
> Normally, I would think something is wrong with the NIC on the Debian box,
> but it talks to the OpenBSD box fine. Can anyone explain this anomaly?

Maybe it's not the Debian box that is misconfigured, maybe it's the
RedHat or Windows boxen?  Are there any weird messages in the Linux
syslogs, or the Windows log viewer?  What NICs are you using on the
machines?

One thing I would suggest is to try a different hub.  I doubt it's the
hub though...

Edward Guldemond

GPG Key: 0x4E505B0F
Key fingerprint:  4CAC 6740 C1CD 3CE4 6CA0
                  34E9 B3B7 18EC 4E50 5B0F